I became aware of the problem last summer while in Maine. I was on 6-Meter
CW and K1DG/N1LI gave me a quick call and asked me to QSY to fone. So I did
and  he asked me what rig I was using; I told him the K3.
Then he told me I had sidebands. It took us a while to find the cause: I
was operating in "casual" mode and using the K3's internal speaker. What we
found out was that the problem disappeared when I turned the monitor volume
down  to nothing! ...but it's hard for me to send CW that way, especially
with a  paddle and the internal keyer... Then I found out that the problem
went away if  I used my headphones...so that was the workaround.

I called Elecraft support on it and they verified that the problem exists
and that they're working on it. What was news to me (I should have read the
manual!!!) was that the CW is generated on the DSP board and that the
speaker  accoustically couples to the board. This is supposed to be minimized
by
the  mounting washers on the speaker, so I disassembled the speaker on the
top cover  and reassembled it, being diligent to insure the washers were
properly located,  etc. per the assembly instructions.

For good measure/insurance, I've used external speakers or headphones ever
since.

But, you know, there are situations where operators would probably use the
K3's internal speaker, such as demonstrating the rig to visiting hams or at
 Field Day, or some such thing. That might not be good publicity if a
returning  station or two came back and said "Shut it off...you're polluting
the
band!",  and they were right!

Like Wayne said, they're working on it.

Bert, N4CW