One of the things that I have not yet decided is the filters to get for my K3
order.  I am firm on getting the 400 Hz 8-pole filter (80 percent or so CW
ops).  But, I like to scan the band looking for signals with a wider filter,
say around 1 to 1.2 KHz.  Do I need to get the 1 K filter.  If I remember
right, I can set DSP filtering to about 1 KHz which may be good enough or is
there an advantage to the 1 KHz filter.

Also, is there a good reason to swap out the 5-pole 2.7 kHz filter for the 2.8
KHz 8-pole?  I presume this gives the filter sharper skirts so you can cut off
those close stations a bit better but I am curious as to how much better.

Since the dollar cost differences in decisions regarding filters is not that
great I would prefer answers that ignore the cost issue.

So far, I am planning on getting the following filters with a ? on the 1 KHz
8-pole and 2.8 KHz 8-pole:

400 KHz 8-pole
1 KHz 8-pole  ??
2.8 KHz 8-pole swap for 2.7 KHz 5-pole ??
6.0 KHz 8-pole

73,
phil, K7PEH