Ralph Parker wrote:

> Now that the K3DSPUPGD is gonna cost me $125. landed in Canada (and
> probably another $25. to send the old one back), I'd like to see an
> advertising blurb on the website about all the wonderful things it will do
> for me, before I plunk down my hard-earned plastic.
>
> Maybe it's there already, but I am often unable to find things on the
> website that others refer to. I kinda thought it would be on "K3 Mods +
> App
> notes", but no dice. It IS possible that I need lessons in 'websiteage'.

It increases the coupling capacitors in the headphone output circuit to
improve bass response with low impedance headphones. It also now includes a
low pass filter board to remove very low level high frequency distortion
"artefacts" that you may not be able to hear anyway.

I think many people feel they have to upgrade because they can't bear the
thought that their K3 is in some way inferior to current models. But if you
didn't think you needed the upgrade before you heard about it then you
probably don't need it! :)

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com