Hi,

My K1, #2799, build was going along swimmingly until I built and installed the
KNB1 module.  Some adversity must enter in to every project, I suppose, because
now my poor K1 is deaf, even after removing the K1 and re-installing capacitor
C22 that is removed when installing KNB1.

Both with the KNB1 installed and now that I have removed it, there is no
difference in background noise when I attach my N-GEN noise generator and turn
it on; it used to be pronounced.  Nor can I hear even the 50uV tone from the X2
when before the 1uV level rattled the speaker housing at a moderate volume.

My intention today was to re-calibrate the KFL1-4, so I removed the KAT1 and
moved the RF DET jumper to the K1 side.  I reset the trimmer capacitors to
horizontal and attached the N-GEN and discovered something was amiss. Turning
the N-GEN on had no effect on the noise level in my headphones, which now have
more hiss than I remember when I just have a dummy load attached.

I will ask Elecraft directly as well, and I will go back and re-check the
resistance and voltage verification blocks, but I was wondering if anyone had
other ideas for things I could look at while I have it all apart?

73,
Byron KI6NUL