Jorge, et al;

I find the best case for carrying K2s, K3, etc is a pilot flight bag.
These are designed to carry the Jeppesen Approach plates, aircraft
operating manuals, etc and are totally accepted by the airlines/security
folks. They see them ALL the time. My bag's dimensions are 18"L x 10"W x
14"H, excluding the handle. It has built in combination locks on each
toggle opener and built in telescoping handle. The bags are also known
as 'chart cases'. Dont get the soft sided cloth bags but rather the
vinyl with metal reinforcements. Leather bags are nice but expensive. I
also use the typical rollaboard suitcase with carrying hook...You see
these everywhere in the airports as both pilots and flight attendants
use them. Pilots hang the flight bag from the hook as they pull their
gear through the airports. The K2/K3 will also fit nicely in the
rollaboard but one must make sure that you will not be flying on a "RJ"
(regional jet), like Pluna as rollaboards will not fit under seats nor
in overhead compartments and will be 'gate checked'...the pilot bag,
however will fit under the seat in the RJs....The flight bag will easily
handle the K3 plus a small power supply such as a Samlex 1235M. A
computer style headset and key would also be no problem and I even get
my computer 'netbook' in there also...leaving the rollaboard for coax,
dipole, swim trunks, flip flops, etc, HI.
Hope this helps...all the best in 2010.
73
Tom
CX7TT
P.S. The Pelican cases are nice as are the aluminum sided cases but tend
to call attention to 'something valuable is inside'. Not good for
customs or potential thieves.
Try: www.snomads.com for examples of reasonably priced cases...or ebay...