Alan,

You are not the only one.

The 8 volt regulator is on the low side of its spec.  That will cause no
problem other than you will not be able to adjust the AGC Threshold to
3.8 volts.  The 3.8 volt point is only valid if the 8 volt regulator is
really 8 volts.  When the 8 volt supply is lower than 8 volts, the AGC
Threshold can (and should) be a bit lower than 3.8 volts.  Just set the
AGC Threshold pot for maximum and all will be well.

If you find later that you need to increase the AGC Threshold voltage
(that is not likely), you can add a resistor in parallel with  the
resistor in RP6 between pins 3 and 4 to bring the AGC Threshold voltage
a bit higher - a 10k resistor will usually suffice.

73,
Don W3FPR