> I think that you should choose on the filter characteristics,
> not on the price. The price difference between two 2.8s and
> two 2.7s (matched or unmatched) is peanuts compared to the
> K3-rigprice.

Think again about the difference between two 2.8 KHz filters
vs. matched 2.7 KHz filters.  The upgrade price on the 2.8
KHz filters are $109.95 EACH.  The cost to match the 2.7 KHz
filters is $30.95.  The $179.95 difference almost pays for
the 500/200 Hz pair if one uses 5-pole filters.

Yes, it's small difference in comparison to the overall cost
of the transceiver but by using 5-pole filters instead of the
8-pole filters and buying as a kit, one could add the 100W
amplifier or possibly KRX3 for the price of the factory built
version with 8-pole filters.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV