Art,

It may be as simple as bad diodes in the wattmeter portion D16 and D17.
To easily check, set the power to 1 or 2 watts and measure the power
output into a dummy with an external wattmeter.  If the power output is
12 to 17 watts on the external wattmeter (much greater than 1 or 2
watts), then replacing diodes D16 and D17 will restore things to normal.

73,
Don W3FPR