> >  A while back, I made a suggestion to Wayne that perhaps the
> > "TX inhibit" pin on the ACC port could be given another purpose
> > - to invoke "TUNE".  I envisaged a new config setting like
> > "CONFIG:TX INH" = "HI=Tun" or "LO=Tun". Wayne seemed to think
> > it wasn't a bad idea, but would be very low priority, based on
> > demand.  It seems like this model may work for the Quadra
> > application too, without having researched it at all.
>
> While repurposing the "TX Inh" pin has appear for non-Quadra users,
> it is a step backward

Sounds to me like an inadvisable combination of controls sharing the one line:
TX inhibit and key TX
clearly are opposites.  If someone accidentally misconfigures their K3 (not
altogether unlikely),
this could get messy if a TX inhibit command actually keys the rig.

I'm not arguing against the facility to tune the rig if that's what you really
need, just not on the
TX inhibit line.

73
Gary  ZL2iFB