I look at those comments about wattmeter accuracy with a bit of
skepticism.  Many hams seem to believe whatever their last used
wattmeter tells them.  Look at the specifications carefully.  Take an
example of the "much revered" Bird wattmeters, the spec is 5% OF THE
FULL SCALE READING - and that is ONLY right after calibration.  That
specification says that if a BIRD wattmeter has been recently calibrated
and handled carefully afterwards, with a 100 watt slug, it can have an
error of 5 watts - and that applies to *anywhere* on the scale.  A Bird
wattmeter picked up at a hamfest can be much further off than that.

The error for the W2 (and several other digital wattmeters) will be a
percentage of the actual reading (and not of the full scale reading).

There have been several upgrades to the W2 Firmware, and there will be
more to come.  Check the firmware release notes and you will see that
there have been improvements to the sensor calibration.  Those negative
reports do not mention the firmware level that they were using nor did
they make any statements about entering the sensor calibration data, so
it may be that their W2s were actually reading low - but that *can* be
corrected.

73,
Don W3FPR