Brendan,

Not to be argumentative, but some with HF hearing loss may be bothered
by this distortion even though it is low level and is not in the range
of conscious hearing.  When I first became aware of my HF hearing loss,
I found that I was increasingly irritated by low grade audio devices
because of the THD.  It seems I can 'sense' the distortion even though I
cannot actually hear in that range.  Strange as it may seem, I went on a
quest for better fidelity in sound as my hearing loss became worse.  I
have mentioned this phenomenon to several knowledgeable dealers in audio
equipment as well as my audiologist and they have confirmed what I have
observed.  If the hearing loss is across the full spectrum, the
increased perception of distortion is not present.  My lower range
hearing remains normal, and my audiologist tells me that is an unusual
condition, so that may have something to do with my perceptions.  I will
put the LPF on my K3, 'just in case'.

73,
Don W3FPR.