Steve wrote:

PS: Don't let any dead limbs fall on your head. Gravity has side effects.

End Snip

I would like to reiterate Steve's note.

I have on many occasions tied a heavy item onto a piece of rope, swung it
around like a cowboy using a lassoo and then let her rip up into a tree.
Unfortunately, the tree assumed it was under a terrorist attack and took
defensive action by intercepting my salvo and swung into action by deflecting
my salvo and returning fire using my missile.

The accuracy of the tree is a truly amazing event to witness, unfortunately, I
was not attired in appropriate gear (read hard hat) so after I took extreme
evasive action I was able to escape with only minor injuries to my hide and my
pride.

The support from witnessing Hams (hilarious laughter) was gratifying...(:-((

So do please be careful about selecting a way to get the antenna up in the tree.

Look up vk4fd in QRZ.COM and you will see how I have avoided a recurrence of my
past indiscretions with antennas.

73's and enjoy a great radio
Gary
VK4FD