Gents,

Problem solved, or at least worked around.

I had the TUNE PWR set to 4 Watts.  But my K3 SWR reading is inaccurate below 5
Watts.  I set TUNE PWR to 7 Watts and now the problem is solved.  With the DL1
connected to Ant 1, and KAT3 on BYPASS, pressing TUNE now gives 1.0 on all
bands.

Here are the readings at various powers with my K3 in the 40 meter band:
1 Watt --->  no reading
2 Watt --->  1.2
3 Watt --->  1.1
4 Watt --->  1.1
5 Watt ---> 1.0
6 Watt and above ---> 1.0

73,

Oliver Johns
W6ODJ

P.S.  The reason the Elecraft K3 Utility seemed to be adjusting the SWR reading
was that it was ramping up the power to 5 Watts.  As it passed 3 and 4 Watts,
it showed 1.1;  when it reached 5 Watts it showed 1.0.