Phil,

Your assumptions are correct - all of that is true.  Use Method 2.  The
typical 1ppm TCXO provides the speced temperature stability of .5ppm, so
the specification is met even though the temperature compensation is not
available.  Wayne is working on an algorithm that will provide .25 ppm
stability with the temperature compensation, so if you wait a while, you
will have better than speced stability.

In the meantime. K3 Utility has provided a way to enter the 1ppm TCXO
into the K3 data tables.  Nothing is done with that data presently - it
must wait for Method 3 to be available in the firmware.

73,
Don W3FPR