Jim,

Your description sounds very much like what would be expected to happen
if the software thought the radio was in upper sideband but the radio
was actually in lower sideband.

You didn't mention which of the K3's four data sub-modes you were using.
Two of them are USB and two are LSB. If you had not chosen the
appropriate data mode for PSK, you could be in LSB without expecting it,
perhaps.

Hold the DATA MD button (also labelled AFX - just above the VFO B knob).
  If it reads AFSK A (or FSK D), you are actually on lower sideband.
Rotate the VFO B knob until the VFO B display reads DATA A - that's the
sub-mode you want for PSK. If my guess at a diagnosis was correct, this
should help set things straight.

If my diagnosis was incorrect, perhaps there is another related kind of
problem. Some software reads the mode from the radio but not the
sub-mode, and simply assumes that Data mode is always FSK, lower
sideband, with frequency readout = RTTY mark. None of those is true in
DATA A, and that can lead to a mismatch between the software and the
radio. This is what happens to me with MixW. I can set it up correctly
for PSK by manually setting the sideband and inserting a frequency
offset, but then it is all wrong for RTTY. Luckily for me, the software
I use most often knows about the K3's data sub-modes and gets them right.

73,
Rich VE3KI