Sorry, I don't buy the theory that the low-level stopband artifacts are
responsible for the perception of the K3 being "noisy".  To my ears and
tests I've conducted multiple times, the artifacts are audibly masked in
listening, even without the LPF.

On spectrum analysis, I see artifacts in descending order at 12Khz, 18Khz
and 14.1Khz.  To make the strongest of these (12Khz) just barely audible, I
have to apply  a full 20dB of boost (via narrow parametric EQ filtering).
Perhaps it can be argued that the artifacts are responsible for a subtle
sense of listener fatigue (I'm skeptical), but not the "noisiness" discussed
ad nauseum on the reflector.  I am convinced that "noisiness" is due to
improper gain adjustment.

73,
Barry N1EU