I just discovered this problem while running some unrelated tests.

I have erratic power and SWR on a narrow band of frequencies on both 160 and
80.  By erratic I mean the power fluctuates wildly + and - from the
requested power.  The SWR indication also changes and sometimes changes to
"-.-".  The frequency ranges where this occurs are 1.800 - 1.806 and 3.586 -
3.625.  At all other frequencies on 160 and 80 (and all other bands AFAICT)
the power is completely stable at the requested level.  This occurs at all
power levels from 0.1 watts to 100 watts into a well matched dummy load as
well as an antenna.

I reran the TX Gain calibration with no effect.  I then ran the Synthesizer
calibration which appeared to fix the problem on 80M but not 160M.  I then
reran Synth cal with the TOL=MAN parameter set which reintroduced the
problem on a very small range of 80M frequencies but with no improvement on
160M.  Finally I ran the normal Synth cal again which seems to have resolved
the problem on both 160 and 80.

Can anyone explain what is happening here, and why the Synth calibration
seems to be so sensitive in this regard?  Appreciate any insight anyone has.
Thanks!

Chuck, AE4CW