Dear Lyle and Co,
    I hope you do not object to what my asking a question to which I should
perhaps know the answer but do not.   Just now my K3 is awaiting the DSP mod
board which I want to install prior to the second RX and ATU so another rig is
being used while the K3 sits on the blocks.  In other words it is not
convenient to try this for myself just now.

1) Using the DVR can I record my audio post RF clipping.
2) When I use the DVR on the radio for TX audio is this audio used pre or post
the RF Clipper and Audio processing.

I suspect it is post processing and applied without any further processing
directly to the carrier so that listening to a DVR recording should be
representative of what the other guy is hearing.  Double processing would be
madness.   Still I am not certain and so ask these questions.

     Appologies if I should know the answer to this question.   I do find that
the monitor function is less useful because of course one hears one's own voice
through the body.

     Thank you for your advice.
                          73 Doug EI2CN