Dave,

     Thanks for posting this.

      I'm going through the exact same exercise with my KX-1 KXAT1 and
Icom703+.  Glad to know I'm not alone.  The Icom is able to tune just
fine and when I switch the KX1 does not tune all bands – not on 40M.
The KX1 tuner is optimized for shorter lengths of wire.  I too wanted to
use one antenna for both radios.  I wonder if the K2 is optimized for a
shorter wire?  I find the more coax I insert between the 4:1 balun and
radio the better the Icom tunes and performs and the opposite for the
Elecraft -- it then loses 80, 40, 30 and barely tunes 20.  It’s really
odd.  I get perfect SWR with a dummy load and KX1.

     I'll try a few things over the next few days per Elecraft.  But
will be very interested in what you find.  Is the window ladder line 450
ohm?

     Does Elecraft give guidance on how the tuners are optimized?
Eighth to quarter wavelength?

     I want to be sure as you do that the max power goes out.

     Best,

Daniel ad1p