This is an obvious scam and it happens daily. Information that it comes from
Nigeria just confirms this. There are no honest e-mails from Nigerians;
believe it. I don't understand why these e-mails from the the Ukraine and
Nigeria continue, but they must enjoy some success. They are usually writen
in poor English, offer absurd sales or purchases and ask you to send money
in advance to unconfirmed addresses. One way to protect yourself is NEVER
send money in advance to unconfirmed addresses. This is easy with Call Signs
because one would only send money or equipment to addresses confirmed by
QRZ.com. If we HAMS follow some basic rules we should avoid these scams.
These offers are appearing more frequently now on HAM ads. I agree a fool is
born every minute, but HAMS seem to be brighter than most groups. I make no
apologies to Nigerians. I have worked at the U.S. Embassy in Lagos; there is
no greater concentration of criminals than Nigeria. Many thanks to VE3GAM
for identifying the IP address. I hope Ted notifies the FBI, which is
charged with investigating this type computer identity theft.