I have a wonderful K2/100 and yes have eyed th K3 as so many other has. The new
K3 design is clean, filters options are mind boggling, seems to like digital
... But and this is a big BUT for me is cost vers any really added contacts. Or
cost per possible, but unlikely contacts missed. By the time all the eye candy
and ear candy is added you have one really expenisive radio. Way more the a
fully loaded K2 with has some impressive specs...very impressive by a lot of
standards. Plus I am really wondering about the K3 issues. Is it my imagination
or are K3 question and issues a bit more then K2 issues? My in box since I
signed up is buldging with K3 questions and problems. If it were not for the
occational K2 question you would think this was a K3 site.

Don't get me wrong Elecraft is one fantastic company. I built and used a K1/4
and used it for a while and it was FUN and very inpressive. Very! I am a
cheater in that I traded a 706mkII+ a Ft-817 for the K2/100 I have now instead
of building it, only becasue the person that listed it decided that the trade
was better then what he was asking for it and my trade fit his needs. The
chances of that happening again a pretty slim. If he had not then sometime
later this year I probably would have had to make a painful choice. A fully
loaded K2/100 or a strip down K3/10 and who knows how long before I could
afford to get it up to the level I really wanted. But that is my financial
problem and like many today price vers performance vers reliablity are all a
factor.

So what is the opion of those who have both or had the K2 and now the K3? Which
is the better value for the budget minded and for those on a budget what is the
cost of a K3/100 that would meet most people needs. Not the hard core
contester, they are a different breed. But the everyday ham, who likes to take
it with him/her and/or have a great home station. Also why is there so many K3
problems listed at this stage of the game? That is the part that makes me glad
I have a K2 and might wait a very long time before I get a K3.

Thanks for you time and this great board.
73
Harry K7ZOV