On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:36:25 -0600, Robert 'RC' Conley wrote:

>I would like to hear from someone who has operated with all of
>them.

I've never owned a Heil headset because I think they are wildly
overpriced and many sound bad. I've used Heil headsets at the N6RO
contest station when others brought them. I found them moderately
comfortable, but the headphones in the active ones (noise
cancelling) picked up transmitted RF from antennas that were 100-200
ft from the shack.

I bought two CM500s as part of a group purchase by our local contest
club two months ago (Altogether, I think we bought about two dozen),
and I have used one extensively in a half dozen contests. I'm a
serious contester, so that often means 24 hours or more in a
weekend. I find them to be as comfortable as my Sony MDR7506s, they
sound nearly as good, and the mic gives me VERY competitve, good
sounding audio. I've listened to other club members using these
headset mics, and they sound much better than most of the Heils I've
heard.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC