This modification is from 2001.  I bought a rev A mainboard K2, #1239.
 At some point I did all the A/B mods including xtal replacement to
get me to the equivalent of a rev B board. It accomplished the same
thing as the new board.  If this is in reference to buying a new K2,
this is long-ago dealt with.

I originally had the shape pictured in the web page, but after all the
mods the "tail" was gone. I don't recall doing that "bar wire" in the
mods but when all was done it didn't seem necessary.

A late serial K2 is a very polished design with an incredible amount
of user input over a decade.

If you can get an old one, you can gradually mod it up to the present
with parts kits you can still get from Elecraft. You will even get to
wind some toroids doing an A/B mod and get some mojo to spruce up your
shack ambience.

73, Guy.