Jim,

While the Neutral (the white wire in the US three wire power
cable) must be bonded to ground at the service entrance and
nowhere else, by code the Neutral must ** NOT ** be bonded to
the case/chassis of any equipment (e.g., white should never
be connected to the case) so the neutral is not at issue here.
However, the SAFETY ground (green wire/round pin) is also
bonded to ground at the service entrance - and in most
residential installations ONLY at that point.

It is this situation, where the safety ground (chassis) and
the shield of the coaxial cables (also connected to chassis)
are at different potentials that is potentially unsafe.

First, the "safety ground" conductor in most residential
wiring is no larger than #10.  In a lightning strike, currents
WILL flow on the safety ground.  Those currents can make the
chassis/cabinet of anything connected to the power lines HOT
and can be dangerous.  The ONLY way to prevent this issue is
BOND the coaxial entry window, cable TV entry, satellite TV
entry, telephone entry, and power entry ... in addition, any
other conductor (water lines, gas lines, power to outbuildings
or landscape lighting, etc.) that enter the home should be
bonded to the common point.

Where those items do not enter the building at the same place
it may be necessary to install a ground ring (heavy wire with
multiple ground rods) around the entire structure and tie each
conductor to that ground ring.

Again, the key is to insure that the individual "grounds" rise
and fall together and can not become separated and therefore
pose a danger to either persons or equipment.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV