Brian,

You *could* put the resistor in the mic plug, but I would think it
easier to add the resistor in the K2 to the back of the microphone jack
between pin 1 and pin 6 as is normally done.  In the K3, you simply turn
Bias on in the menu.

If you choose to put the resistor in the mic plug, run the K3 without
Bias selected, it will pick up the voltage from pin 6

73,
Don W3FPR