Hello Julian,

I also noticed the other day that I was hearing a "whoosing" in the background
on
a CW station that I never heard before.  I was afraid I had blown a preamp or
something.  I finally found that I had set the NB on Wide 7, and as soon as I
turned it off or back to Nar 1, the problem disappeared.

So something must have changed in the NB operation in the latest Firmware.  I
also
found last weekend when I switched to 144 MHz in the transverter mode for an
EME
sked, that my audio output from the LINE OUT suddenly seemed to be 15 or 20 dB
down on that band, as compared to 6m.  That had never been a problem before.  I
don't know if that is also related to the Firmware version or not.

In the last week I also found that the noise level seemed to come up higher and
reduce signal strength of incoming signals I use as reference (6m beacons).

Anyway, I still use the same firmware version, but I re-loaded a Configuration
file that I had saved several months ago...and readjusted the LINE OUT level in
the CONFIG menu.  That seems to have solved the problems except the one with
the
NB.  Now I have to be very careful not to use the Wide 7 NB setting.

GL and VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8,
E51SIX)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME email!