I used this trick to evenly twist wires together for bifilar winding;

1, Trim the wire so both are the same length.

2, Clamp one end of the wires in a vice or have someone hold them with a pair
of pliers.

3, Clamp the other end of the wires into a chuck of an electric drill (variable
speed).

4, While holding the wire tight start the drill at slow speed and the wires
will twist evenly.

73
Dave KD1NA

Hi all,

Quick question about the bifilar windings on the bifilar transformers like
T6. How critical is the twist in the two wires? When I did T6, I was unable
to get a terribly consistent winding of the two wires together. Build manual
says they should cross over about every 1/2", but some parts of the wires
ended up a little tighter than that, others less. On some of the windings
when I wound the core, they more or less didn't pass over each other at all
for one or two windings (tho they were adjacent).

I'm assuming this is probably not super critical, but just curious.