John,

Yes I do!

And I hesitated to even mention it but decided that in the sprit of a level
playing field I would share with this select group..

After 50 years of having a license I felt like an idiot when I stumbled on this
logic but I think I noticed it because of the excellent ability of the CWT
system. Of course in a DX pile up working split it is obvious that finding the
worked stations freq is important but in a contest I never thought of working
"mini-split". I found myself proudly using CW on every call and being smug in
the realization that I, unlike most others, was dead on the run stations
frequency.  But, I wasn't getting some of the expected return calls.

When I finally had the epiphany that the run station was listening on the last
worked stations freq even if off a few hundred Hz my rate went way up.

Probably the run stations that were most affected by this were K3 operators
since if they had it cranked down to minimum they never heard me when I was on
their freq.   Darn K3!

Rick
K6LE