Thank you Gary and Bob. I now understand using the menu for the K3 to turn
bias on and off. Makes sense. I would not want to change the configuration
of the mic socket in the K2 radio, which would then limit the use of mics
and eliminate the use of the Elecraft mics. I could change the wiring of the
CC1K cable, and it appears that one does not use pin six of the Kenwood mic
cable for the K2 and 5 or 8v is applied to pin 5 per page 18 of the KSB2
manual. Maybe.