I also ordered mine at Dayton and received it last week. It is installed and
working 100%. I'm seeing the full 10 watts output. RX seems very good. Two
small problems with the install. The supplied cross brace had one screw hole
mis-aligned. Also the three screws to mount the 144XV to the side panel were
missing. I used three brass screws I had on hand. A short call to Elecraft
and a new cross-brace and the three missing matching black screws are on the
way to me. I could of drilled out the bulkhead to accommodate the misaligned
screw hole but didn't want to get any metal chips inside of my K3. If the
original brace didn't have metal removed from the 144XV area I could of just
trimmed it to fit around the 144XV. But if I did this it would of weakened
it to the point that its purpose would have been defeated. It will be a
simple job to replace the brace when it arrives. I won't even have to pull
the K3 offline.
 I'm not complaining about the two small hardware issues. As it was from the
first group ,one can expect some minor fit and finish problems. I would give
it an EHAM 5 of 5 !

73 Jeff kb2m

On 3/1/2010 2:23 AM, Brett Howard wrote:
>   Also if someone has recently gotten
> theirs I'd be interested if you could mention when youu ordered.
mailing list