> I'm not sure the flat passband is the better pick if you have
> to pick one. One narrows the passband to NOT hear things, or
> no one would ever buy anything but the wide body roofer.  The
> FT1000MP would do.
>
> The rejection of signals before the analog to digital
> converter, the vertical range of the converter, and defensive
> hardware AGC in front of the converter are central concepts
> of the radio.  Might as well take them head on.

Yes, as I said to your first comment, I agree.  My intent was to get folks
to first base before we go to second base.  Choosing the crystal filter
engagement point as well as setting the DSP bandwidth affects several
things, not just the skirt issues that you are focused on.  There is not a
single best answer for every situation, so it is useful to understand each
of the impacts affected by these filter choices.

Ed - W0YK