But Jim,

The secondary of an isolation transformer is fully isolated - i.e.
floating AC.  The fact that the neutral of the transformer input side is
bonded to the green wire ground is quite a different thing.  A proper
isolation transformer has no relationship to neutral on the secondary
side - only the safety ground and the voltage across the secondary winding.

Remember the old AC/DC receivers that had one side of the AC line tied
to the chassis!  Every proper service bench had an isolation transformer
during that era.

73,
Don W3FPR