What filter is set? If you have a narrowband filter installed in addition to
the stock 2.7K filter, and if you have been working CW/digital modes with a
narrowband filter, and if the settings somehow got messed up on the
mode-by-mode filter selection, you might be trying to transmit SSB through a
narrowband filter.  the K3 doesn't like that.

lew K6LMP