Hello, K3 operators all:

Have you encountered this problem?  You find a DX pileup, find the DX
station, then determine a frequency where you wish to call the DX.
However, when you push SPLIT, you find the SPLIT icon, a  mode
indicator, and the little "down arrow" that points to VFO B are all
blinking.  Is this a firmware bug you've just found?

Here's the word from Wayne:

"It is not a bug: the K3 is just reminding you that you are about to
enter cross-mode SPLIT. If you do A>B twice you'll set VFO B's mode
to the same mode as VFO A, thereby eliminating the flashing icon
warning. Another way is to use BSET to check what mode VFO B is in,
and change it if necessary." He adds that this can be stored on a
per-band, per-mode basis.

Did I ever know that VFO B could be in USB mode, when I assumed I was
in CW?  I do now!  73 de VE3GFN