You could use one of the "Output" ports in LP-Bridge to drive the K2.
It's a one-way port, but the K2 should follow the K3 in this mode. You
will need a null modem adapter at the PC end of the cable to reverse the
serial lines. The K2 end uses custom wiring as shown in the manual. Set
the K2 to 4800 baud. 73, Larry N8LP Message: 19 Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010
10:07:33 -0400 From: Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com> Subject: Re:
[Elecraft] Elecraft K3 with K2 as station panadapter setup? To: Sam
Morgan <k5oai....@gmail.com> Cc: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net"
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Message-ID: <4bbc91a5.4030...@embarqmail.com>
listen with both the K2 and K3 at the same time and with the same
antenna, You could use something external to the K3 - think SO2R setup,
or at least a subset of SO2R. With the KXV3, there is the RX ANT Out
connector - but that is only connected to the antenna when the RX ANT is
selected. With a 3 dB splitter placed there, you could connect one
splitter output to RX ANT IN and the other splitter output to the K2.
You would loose 3 dB in each receiver, but that may not be a problem for
the application you are trying to use. On the K3, you can quickly
recover that 3 dB by taking it out of RX ANT with a button tap - you
would lose reception on the K2, but have full sensitivity on the K3. I
believe you would have to run 2 copies of HRD, one to control the K3 and
another to control the K2 - I don't know how you get two instances of
HRD to track frequency wise, so that is for you to solve. Yes, LP-Bridge
*may* be helpful, but in any case, you will need two physical serial
ports, one for the K2 and one for the K3, LP-Bridge does not split on