Good Evening,
   Both bands were noisy with some QSB on them each.  QSB was worse on 40
meters as was the QRN.  But we got some folks through the hash.  Brian tried to
make each of the three nets today but he is just too close to work me on 20
meters.  Once the solar influence steadies the bands should be much stronger.
While we were running the nets a CME was striking the ionosphere.
   The weather reports from across the country were of rather pleasant spring
days.  I too had sun with a temperature which rose to 67 degrees.  I could walk
outside in my t-shirt and tempt the biting flies.  They are not yet out in
force but a few more days like this they will be.  Luckily the next week's
forecast is for rain.  That means I am outside less and they don't fly so
rapidly.  Since they only live for a few weeks that is just fine with me.  Once
they die off the rest of the year is very nice.

   On to the lists =>

  On 14050 kHz at 2200z:
K1THP - Dave - CT - K3 - 686
N0TA - John - CO - K3 - 994
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
KM5PS - John - AR - K3
NO8V - John - MI - K3 - 820

  On 7045 kHz at 0000z:
NO8V - John - MI - K3 - 820
N0TA - John - CO - K3 - 994      * QNI # 125 *
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866   ** QNI # 245 **
N7KRT - Jeff - TX - K2 - 5471
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457

   I spent some time this week cutting and splitting wood but the more pleasant
weather means I do not need to heat the house so much.  However, the more wood
I can prepare now the less work I will have later.  It is much nicer to do this
kind of work during the cooler days than it is to split and move wood during
the heat of summer.  But until I have ten cords sitting around the house
covered and drying I am not satisified.  This year it got to be very close.  I
was only a few days from running out when I had a chance to cut enough to get
by.  I think I have enough to get through until fall.  Yes, I heat during the
summer too.  At least one good fire every month to dry out the house and get
rid of the chill.
   I am hoping the recent solar activity will provide a good week of steady and
strong propagation.  During the last week propagation was rather weak and
unsettled.  With all the activity there was never a chance for it to calm down
enough to make propagation good.  But the sun has no spots right now even
though the prominences are jumping all over.  After the long hiatus the sun is
awakening.  Predictions are all over the map though so it could be the best
cycle ever or just ho hum.  Only time will tell.
   Until next week stay well and keep your stick on the ice :)
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

-