This appears to be a question from January 20, 2010, so it
is a little late, but a person never wants to connect the
ground rod of the K9AY antenna or any other small or low
receiving antenna to the mains ground.

First, it would kill the advantage of having the antenna. If
you are going to do that, don't bother installing the
antenna. It will hurt the antenna in more than one way.

Second, it is not necessary for safety. It is not a large
tall structure and is not likely at all to be involved with
a direct lightning hit, and even if it were hit the ground
at the cable entrance to the house would provide all the
required protection.

The shack ground and the antenna entrance ground should be
bonded to the mains, but the K9AY or any other low noise
receiving array must have an isolated ground. The cable
leaving the receiving antenna should be buried, should have
common mode isolation, and should be grounded at the house
entrance to a ground that is bonded to the mains ground.

73 Tom