The only real moving parts that look like they'd be time limited to me would
be the relays used in the bandpass/lowpass filters and the ATU. And those
probably last forever..

The K2 and K3 both otherwise lack the trouble spots I'm used to from my
older rigs - wafer switches, tube sockets, big heavy wiring harnesses,
cruddy interconnecting plugs, etc.

So mechanically it's hard to find any high wear/maintenance stuff in either
of these rigs. They're definitely designed for schlepping. My K3 I'd be a
little more reticent to drag around than my K2 but mostly just because it's
more expensive hi hi.

Maintenance-wise, they're head and shoulders above anything else I've seen
too. Especially the K3, where zoning boards (if necessary) is an easy job
for everything except perhaps the RF board. Not to mention the fact that if
something is wrong, Elecraft is actually reachable by email/phone and won't
stop until your rig is working again....

So I' say the K3 ought to last pretty much indefinitely....

73,
LS
W5QD