>From what I understand, the method used to "remove" birdies in the K3
although clever does not actually remove them, but moves them out of
hearing.

Before moving all of the Rx birdies using firmware, IMHO it would be wise to
take a *comprehensive* look at the transmitter spurs as well, because in a
TRANSCEIVER if there are Rx birdie problems present chances are that there
could be some Tx spurs which need to be addressed. Unfortunately and
obviously Tx spurs cannot simply be moved in frequency using firmware, but
if a problem must be reduced in amplitude. Often one result of such work on
a transceiver's Tx spurs is to reduce / eliminate some Rx birdies as well.

73,

Geoff
GM4ESD