I have been inactive for about 5 years. My K2 is cw only with KNB2, KDSP2,
KAF2 (now uninstalled), KAT2, and KIO2.

I want to get back on the air and want to bring my transceiver up to current
specification for possible modification to K2/100. Discussion with Elecraft
staff at Dayton seemed to indicate that I really didn't need to do much to
my radio to install the KPA100 option. However, the KPA100 manual seems to
want a complete A to B upgrade in addition to K2KEYMDKT, E850138 and
BFOMDKT.

I have been stubbornly resistant to some of these upgrades because they
result in great insult to the inherent beauty of my radio (it has no trace
cuts nor does it have slapdash parts soldered hither and yon. I think I have
gotten past this squeamishness, however, and am ready to move forward.

My other possibility is to wait for the (I think) KPA500 and bypass the 100
watt upgrade altogether, hopeful that I will be able to bypass the 15 dB
amplification limits imposed by the FCC. (I have been waiting a long time
for the KPA 2000, KPA 1500 and KPA 1000, however.)

I would be interested in the experiences of those who have made the 100 watt
upgrade to an older K2 and also in the general thoughts of the 100 vs 500
watt option.

Ed Lambert K2 1999

KD3Y