Hi John,
Do you check all  possibilities of the NB and no-one of those are able to block
this Radar ?
We are facing time to time in my area such problem and had always founded a
reliable position to minimize it, but may be the today's NB is less effective,
I have no experience on it and I'm interested by all comments on the subject.
Bst 73's
Philippe A65BI
K3#3616

>>> juergen <plebia...@yahoo.com> 20-05-2010 15:15 >>>

Hi

When the K3 was first released, the noise blanker was very effective on the
Chinese Radar on 40 meters. This radar was very active on the CW end of 40
meters. You could totally eliminate  this radar signal with the K3's noise
blanker.

As the firmware was updated, the K3's noise blanker seemed to become  less
effective or almost had no effect at all.  Anyone else notice this loss  in
performance? I wonder if this ability  to notch this low band radar was removed
from the K3's noise blanker algorithm?

It could be that the  radars pulse repetition rate  or pulse width has changed
rendering the noise blanker useless against it.

Anyway when the K3's blanker was working it was outstanding on 160, 80 and 40
meters against this constant QRM source.

John