If you set all of the keyboard shortcuts in the PowerSDR/IF
Setup>Keyboard tab to "none", then typing while you're in the focus of
the panadapter will not get you in trouble. You could still use
shortcuts if you are careful to avoid any key that your logger uses as a
shortcut, or any letter or number key which might be used to enter a
callsign. In my case, I run N1MM in contests, and I can enter data, tab
through the entries, etc. even while my mouse is hovering over the pan
display. I use a mouse utility called WizMouse to allow the focus to
follow the mouse without clicking. After saving the contact, I can click
on another signal and the N1MM entry boxes are cleared and ready to
accept new data.

I find that it also helps to run PowerSDR in "collapsed" mode to
eliminate clutter. This mode is not available in the Flex releases of
PowerSDR.

It may not be a 100% solution, but it's pretty good and you won't risk
having the rig jumping around in frequency if you type while in the
focus of the panadapter. And as I said, with N1MM the text even shows up
in the call sign entry box as you would want.

73,
Larry N8LP