Interesting advertising by ML&S....

Would have thought that even ML&S would have recognised by now that when you
want to promote a product you get more buyer response when the advertising
is of a positive nature.

If they feel that to sell their "new" product they have to use a negative
advert, then I think they may find it doesn't work as well as they might
hope..

I wonder if they truly think that K3 owners are going to sell their K3's to
buy a Kenwood?

Kenwood still have to produce their radio and independant testing will show
if indeed they got it right.

The TS-480SAT is not what I would call a great radio and yes I sold mine,
the K3 is a great radio that is still evolving and being improved. I don't
expect Kenwood will update their firmware too much after they are enter
production.The TS-570 was also not what I would call a great radio, better
than the IC-718 I found, but not in the class of any Elite radio.

They will need to greatly improve their DSP user adjustments and do it far
better than the TS-480 rigs which I found terrible to use. I decided to try
the TS-480 I had for a week and not turn on the K3 as I was hopeful the
TS-480 would make a good backup and mobile rig..I became disheartened after
a few days and put it on e-bay. No regrets here.

73's
Gary

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 7:51 AM, ussv dharma <ussvdha...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kenwood does not see the trees for the forest....the usual Kenwood "non
> customer friendly support" will probably prevail.
>
> One of the best things the K3 has going for it is "CUSTOMER SUPPORT:
>
> END OF STORY
>
> SUSAN
> If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're
> headed!! Susan Meckley, Skipper W7KFI-mm  AFA9SM
> USSV DHARMA

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!