I routinely have what I consider long, "nice" QSO's, on both
phone and CW, and I have had for 58 years.  If I make an
"investment" in the fella on the other end, I usually get back
a good return. I ask questions.  I keep a road atlas at hand
to prompt questions about the area the guy lives in, etc.

Most everyone likes to talk about themselves, and what they
say is usually interesting.  Ya just need to prime the pump.
It's not unusual for me to have a long QSO and not know what
rig or antenna the guy is using .... (:-))

None of the above applies to 6M grid chasing, however. (:-))
I -did- have a three-hour 6M QSO the other day, and it wasn't
with a "local" either.

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
     elecraftcov...@rfwave.net