Really short answer: yes, although you needn't check all the resistors that are
supplied
on a tape.

Reason: you get to know and recognize the parts. There are some variations in
some of the
capacitors, etc. and some which are different but which look similar to each
other. If you
clarify before installing anything, you're less likely to find yourself having
installed a
wrong part.

The whole job will not take longer, because if you have identified and sorted
the parts
you will be able to grab them more quickly when you need them. Construction
will go more
smoothly.

You are not so much doing it to catch Elecraft's mistakes as to prevent YOU
from making
mistakes!

--
Vic, K2VCO