Kevin Venzke wrote:

I'm not sure how often or why RP(approval), SSD(approval), or "While there is
no CW, eliminate the Approval loser" would much differ.

RP(approval) would be approval-completed Condorcet that restricts itself to members of the Smith set.


SSD(approval) would be approval-completed Condorcet that restricts itself to members of the Schwartz set.

"While there is no CW, eliminate the Approval loser" would always elect a member of the Smith set, but it would not, strictly speaking, be approval completed Condorcet, since it could elect someone who is neither the approval winner nor the Condorcet winner.

I remember Forest having another idea about ACC refinement recently, but I never had a chance to look at it seriously.

> > A more complicated example:
> >
> > Let's say a ballot comes in as A=B>C=D, and the published preferences of
> > candidates A and B are A>B>C>D and B>A>C>D, respectively.

What if B's published ballot was B>A>D>C?


-Adam

----
Election-methods mailing list - see http://electorama.com/em for list info

Reply via email to