Craig, without trying all 56 possible subsets of size three I did verify
that under PAV the combination ABH wins against AEH, and even more so when
we assume that the voters approved half of the candidates.

I think this is reasonable for the following reasons.

The two combinations disagree only on whether B or E should be in the
winning circle.

It is true that B and E tie in the rankings; the voters are fifty-fifty on
that question.  But the rankings where B beats E have greater separation
between the two than where E beats B. So although B and E have a Condorcet
tie, so to speak, B soundly beats E in a Borda Count comparison.

Of course, this by itself doesn't tell us which would be better, we need
to know which one better compensates for the two 10% factions of the
population not covered by the {A,H} combination.

In this regard, B is first choice of one of these factions and third
choice of the other, while E is second choice of one of the factions and
last choice of the other.

In other words, if B is included in the winning circle, then 100% of the
voters have representatives from their top three choices.  If B is
replaced by E, then 10% of the voters do not have a representative from
their top seven choices.

Which do you think is better?

Forest