To Dave Ketchum: Your comments below seem to be the advantages of the different ballot types rather than the advantages of the different counting methods.

Perhaps we should add a bulleted list of the advantages of each ballot type. I had overlooked that idea. Now I think it's a good idea -- if we can keep it very short and not overlap the advantages of the counting methods.

I am trying to keep my biases out of the document (fairness is very important to me!), but so that you know what my bias is, I'll say that I agree that eventually score ballots will be a better choice than ranked ballots, but so far I haven't seen a counting method that handles them in a way that motivates voters to vote sincerely rather than strategically. Majority Judgement appears to be better than range voting, but as far as I can tell it doesn't "punish" (for lack of a better word) strategic voting attempts. Yet I genuinely want the document to say something positive about score-ballot-based counting methods, so I'm having to rely on feedback from you and others to know what needs to be said -- in a way that non-expert readers will understand.

Again, thanks!

Richard Fobes