Note that Majority Judgment, Range, and even arguably Approval are
independent of irrelevant alternatives. Majority Judgment is the clearest;
it passes IIA even with simple zero-information strategy. (That is to say,
with MJ it is reasonable to vote honestly on an absolute scale, unlike
Range or Approval where any reasonable zero-information voter must make
sure to normalize their vote.)

I point this out not to disparage Condorcet, but to show that different
systems have different, important, advantages. In a world where the best
answer to the question "What is the current probability that system X will
replace Plurality in the elections that affect me?" is almost universally
"Not high enough, and I plan to do something about that," there is no
excuse for letting our ideas of which system is best or most probable get
in the way of our solidarity with other good systems.

In other words, I find it flat-out immoral to say "I agree that your system
will be an improvement, but I refuse to say so publicly because that would
distract from my system which is better-known publicly." And like it or
not, that is what David's argument about expected benefits amounts to.

Jameson