2012/7/9 Daniel Foré <dan...@elementaryos.org>

> Contractor - we have 3 bugs to fix here. One crasher, one
> translation-related, and one we could probably solve by splitting contracts
> into separate packages (not shipping them with Contractor itself).

Looks like this is not the case. Well, it kinda works, but at the moment
it's useless. Whatever contract I come up with, in most cases I realize I
cannot write it because of Contractor limitations. And it's no better from
application developer standpoint either.

Here's a doc written by kalikiana, tom95 and myself that describes the
current issues with Contractor:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjpIHASnkcFnbzFp_Hs5ikeciK_t4YVdZfn4WCKai4c/edit
For every item described in it there's a Launchpad bug report too.

Even after everything described in the doc is resolved, we'll still need to
write standalone binaries to replace nautilus-sendto, otherwise introducing
Contractor will be a regression.

--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff
OS architect @ elementary